Welsh Weekender



Hello and a happy springtime to my readers! Can it really be true, are we out of the winter darkness at last? March is my favourite time of the year (maybe because of my birthday being on the 17th....the big 28 *squeeeeeal!*) for the spring flowers popping up, the hope of longer days and the inspiration to blow those winter cobwebs away!

I have just returned from a lovely weekend in Cardiff, with a visit to Ogmore beach and castle. Happily on this trip we avoided any rain, which made the dog walking all the more enjoyable. Our friends have a Shiba Inu puppy which who I was very over excited to meet, she such a good little girl! This was her first trip to the beach and she really enjoyed all the new smells and textures - wasn't too sure about clambering over the rocks (neither was I, hence I lagged behind taking pictures!) so she did need a pick-up at certain points, cutie!












 So the foodie scene in Wales is pretty mega. I mean, check out that welsh breakfast! Good job we did a lot of walking! We went to a Korean restaurant in the evening which had tabletop BBQ's - a completely new experience for me! So many tasty side dishes too, I loved the pickled seaweed and the kimchi pancake the best! Yum! The beautiful Easter eggs are from my favourite shop in Cardiff, Wally's Delicatessen - love the mix of traditional styles alongside dinosaurs, got all important bases covered! So many delicious food and drink items to buy at Wally's, make sure you drop in if you're in the neighbourhood!





We had a lovely weekend, hope you also got outside in the fresh air and had all the good foods too!

Thanks for reading,

Katie

1 comment :

Porcelina said...

Sounds like a super little Welsh weekend! I like Wally's too, it always has those slightly less common ingredients that can be hard to get. Haven't been to Ogmore for ages, I'd forgotten how lovely it is x