Back To Lovely Lyme Regis




My final holiday of the year was to my favourite coastal town, Lyme Regis in Dorset. We have learnt over the years that September is a brilliant time to go, and happily we were again lucky with the weather, with only some threatening skies. As soon as I step on the beach I feel at home, and as we've been heading here for six years now I do have some favoured holiday habits. I like to walk Mia along The Cobb and the beach by 8 o'clock in the morning so it's still quiet apart from the screeching seagulls. I like to the visit the fresh fish shop at the seafront to buy dinner, before stopping at the bakery on the highstreet for warm croissants or fresh crusty bread for breakfast. All very lovely and lazy treats, I'm sure you can see why we keep returning! If you like a quieter seaside town I can't recommend it highly enough.















I am missing walking on those pebbles already! Now October is here the wind has already got colder, time to bundle up and get ready for the real Autumn to begin!

Thanks for popping by,

Katie

2 comments :

Michael said...

OK, I know this is a very late comment to leave here, but life gets so super busy and did want you to know that there are peeps out there, checking in and reading your lovely posts even when not commenting! Lovely photos. One day I will make it to Dorset. I always end up in London, then Norfolk and Yorkshire b/c of fam. I want to go back to more of the South though! Never enough time. Lol.

Don;t you just love those fossils? I remember finding some like that as a kid and being so enthralled!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Michael for your kind comments! It means a lot to me that people are dropping by to read and happily enjoy my pictures! I really enjoy the process of blogging even if I'm not doing it as regularly these days!

Dorset is an amazing place, so much to explore! If you like fossils, you will be kept very busy!

Thanks again,

Katie